Monday, November 19, 2012

If a tree falls in a forest...


You know the rest, but just in case BOAB is reading this, the full quote is something like this:  “If a tree falls in a forest and no one can hear it, is there any sound?”

Well I have another: If you are having trouble with your computer or computer program, will you yell at the screen when no one can hear you?

You see on Saturday I was wrestling with two things, the formatting of a document I was preparing; and my internet connection kept dropping out.  Well I did what any rational, calm, intelligent good looking gentleman like me would do – I yelled at the bloody screen!  But only for a couple of hours or so.

Now here is the dilemma.  Paula was home with me cooking, cleaning, making me cups of tea and getting my lunch; while I was engaged in swearing and bashing the computer.

I pose this question.  Would I swear at the computer if no one can hear me?  If no one is around to hear me rant and rave, then it would be a waste of time; so I would probably NOT swear at the computer.  Indeed I am not swearing at it now.

1 comment:

  1. Depends on the language. Find out where it was made and swear in the local dialect. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete